Thursday, July 5, 2007

Home!

Yesterday morning my Mum took the van to see the doctors. They fixed it all up and the van came back with no more leaky fuel line. Then Laura packed all of our gear back into the van.

I wasn't sure what to think. The day before she had promised me we were going home. I was all excited and I waited in the van while Laura loaded it up. Finally, we set off down the street - only to drive around the block and go straight back to our parents' house.

*SIGH*

Laura unloaded the van again and we went back in the house and ate treats to make us feel better.

Then, yesterday, the van went to see the doctors and then Laura started loading it up all over again. Were we really going this time?

Finally, everything was loaded up again and we all piled into the van (I sat up front with Laura) and we set off down the road.

No bad smells this time.
No trail of fuel in our wake.
We were really going!

Home!
Home, home, home!
We are really home again!

When we first got back to London, I didn't want to get out of the van. It's been so long since I've been here and I've been left behind so many times... Was this a trick?

Laura said no, no trick and to get out of the van, so I did. We went into our house and Laura unloaded all of our gear into our house. Then our Mum drove away in the van. Laura and I were home!

The house looks kind of funny. Stuff has been moved all around. Even the furniture has been moved. I wasn't sure which of the beds was Laura's and mine, so I made sure to spend some time on all of them!

Laura says that moving things around was part of what we had to do to sell the house. Now the house is sold, so we can put things back how we like them -- but only for a little while. At the end of the summer, we will need to move house again. But for now, we are home!

Laura is going to write to all of our friends to invite them to come around and visit us, because I know everyone will have been missing me while I was away!

No comments: