Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kendal's First Camping Adventure - Day 4 - Staying Warm

After a little while, Laura went back into the tent and retrieved her jacket and her winter weight tights and got bundled up in them. That did not bode well.

All of our neighbours moved away yesterday. We have the whole street to ourselves. Oak Grove is nice and quiet. No sounds but the squirrels and the blue jay and the wind in the trees. A gentle sunlight filtering down through the oak canopy onto our cosy day bed.

I tried my best to keep Laura warm. I believe that she really did want to give me a nice rest today, but Laura believes that the best way to keep warm is to keep moving, and our campsite is so far away from the water, and the dog beach beckoned...

Laura snuggled into her bed for a little while and read her book while I had a nice nap, but it wasn't long before she snapped the book closed and said, "Well Kendal. How about that beach?"

*SIGH*

No comments: