Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kendal's First Camping Adventure - Day 3 - Sleeping In

Yesterday Laura and I put in a good days work and went to bed straight after supper.

There was a major storm last night with rain and thunder and lightening that lit up the whole sky, but Laura said not to worry. She said our tent is a good tent. It would withstand the storm. And Laura was right. We woke up this morning warm and dry and well rested. Still, I pulled princess privilege and stayed in bed while Laura made breakfast.

(I know that princesses need to look after their people, but I walked as far yesterday on my short little legs as Laura did on her great big tall legs, so think how many more steps that was for me! I think I was entitled to a little lie-in this morning!)

Laura was a long time about making breakfast. (I didn't mind because I was enjoying Laura's bed.) It was so windy this morning, even the fire-starter stick blew out -- three times! Laura was determined to have her omelette however. (Who can blame her? Onions, garlic, Oktoberfest sausage, red pepper, hot pepper & feta cheese. Yummmm!)

Finally breakfast was cooked and eaten and the kitchen cleaned up and Laura was back in the tent asking if I was ready for today's adventures.

No comments: