Saturday, July 7, 2007

Compassionate Musician

Since Laura spends so much time on her computer, I decided I should do some web surfing myself to see what all the interest is about.

I found this website which is by a musician who loves animals. She made a CD with some friends to help raise awareness about animal cruelty and she helps to support the work of With Compassion and Soul, an Australian organization that raises money and collects donated veterinary and medical supplies and donates them to animal shelters in countries where they don't have very much money.

I know I am very fortunate because I have my friend Laura and my Mum and my Dad and other friends who all help to look after me, and I get to sleep in a big bed and eat yummy food, but not all animals are as well blessed as I am. Some animals have to live in horrible conditions and some have people do mean things to them. Some companion animals even get abandoned by their families and left to die alone! This makes me really really sad and really really angry, but I am glad that there are people like Bev Luff and Mel Watson who are trying to help people to change and be nicer to animals, so I hope you will visit their web sites and learn more.

P.S.: Laura says that she knows Mel and that Mel even slept in our bed one time! (Laura organizes and promotes concerts when she is able to do so and she invited the wonderful band FRUiT that Mel is a part of to perform in London a couple of years ago.)



I really hope that when Laura and I find a new place to live Laura will be able to be a concert promoter again. Then we can invite FRUiT to visit again and I can meet Mel too!

No comments: