Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy Weekend - Part 2

On Sunday, we went to Rondeau Provincial Park. Everyone was very quiet on the nature trail, but we didn't see any of the protornotary warblers who are said to nest there. I was sad about that, because my Dad and I both like to watch birds, but we did see a chipmunk and lots of pretty native flowers such as raspberry blossoms, columbine, and oxeye daisies -- just like Laura and I have in our garden.

After the nature trail, John and his family went to the beach. The park people are mean and don't allow doggies on the beach. This made me sad because I wanted everyone to be together, but my Dad couldn't go on the beach either because his wheelchair would get stuck in the sand, so we went for a walk elsewhere.

Laura tried to make me go in the water away from the people's beach, but I thought she was crazy. The water was COLD! Plus, I didn't think it was proper for a princess to be out in public looking like a drowned rat. (I love Laura very much, but she has some funny ideas sometimes. Like: everytime we have a major thunderstorm, Laura goes outside and DANCES IN THE RAIN!) Chacun a son goût, I suppose. Me, I prefer to lie in the sun!



Now everyone is back home (well, except for Laura and I who are still trying to sell our home and find a new one -- please let me know if you can help with that!). Laura is back to work on her computer, and I am resting up from my busy weekend adventures.



Until next time...

No comments: